National Credit Act
The National Credit Act was put in place to protect you when you purchase something on credit and to help ensure that your rights are protected. Lewis Stores respects your rights and is registered as a credit provider with the National Credit Regulator.
In terms of the Act you can expect the following from Lewis Stores:
- When making a purchase, Lewis Stores will ensure that you fully understand the terms and details of your credit agreement.
- Lewis Stores will not grant you credit if you cannot afford to repay the loan.
- All credit agreements between you and Lewis will be written in plain language.
- Lewis Stores will ensure that all credit information is given to you in the language of your choice.
- Lewis Stores will be transparent about costs, fees, interest rates, total instalments and various other details.
The Act gives you, the customer, the following rights:
- to receive full information about your credit agreement
- not to be discriminated against in the credit assessment process
- to have clear and understandable language in the credit agreement
- to receive information about yourself from the credit bureaux and challenge the information
- to get help from a debt counsellor if you are in debt.
Contact the National Credit Regulator for more information on their call centre number: 0860 NCR NCR (0860 627 627)